Monday, November 14, 2005

Time goes by so slowly...

Only less than 20 hours to go until I get my copy of Madonna's Confessions on a Dance Floor!

As long as we are confessing, I confess that I did hear the full radio version of the first single, "Hung Up" three days before it was oficially released to radio. However, I have been a good boy and have waited until the album is released before I hear any of the other tracks. It was hard because my sister had already heard the whole album that she "downloaded" from some message board somewhere. And then there was "The Leak" on MTV.com (I did listen to the full album version of "Hung Up," but I stopped listening when it got back to the ticking clock part that signals the transistion to the next song).

I am amazed at my willpower for this album. With the advent of the internet, everyone nowadays is able to listen to entire albums by various artists, sometimes weeks (or months) before they are released officially (though why would people actually want to listen to some of the stuff (*cough* Kevin Ferdiline *cough*), I will never know...).

I mean, starting with Ray of Light, I think I was able to listen to "Frozen," "Ray of Light," "The Power of Goodbye," and parts of "Mer Girl" before the album came out. And then with Music, I got to hear the titel song and three of the remixes, two other album songs, and "Paradise (Not for Me)" all before the album hit the stores (albiet, "Paradise (Not for Me)" was already released on Mirawais's album).

And I think I was able to listen to at least three songs from American Life before I bought the album. It was fun, being sneaky, and listening to a bunch of songs from the album before a majority of others get to listen to them, but at the same time, it is like sneaking a peek at your Christmas present weeks before Christmas. It does take some of the thrill and excitement out of opening the package, going over the booklet (yes, I still love booklets and album cover art and all that stuff. If I was more creative (and better with photoshop and a camera), I would have loved to be a graphic designer for these things), popping the CD in, and listening to the songs fresh, not knowing what really to expect.

The internet really does take your innocence away. Now people can review an album wya before you even get to know what the song sounds like for yourself. It is a double edged sword... Use it wisely... And go out and buy Madonna's album!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz