Thursday, October 13, 2005

So now that the excitement is over...


Let more excitement begin!

So Apple & Co. is now coming out with a new video capable iPod (in both white and black, natch), which is more streamlined, had better battery life, a larger screen, and the smaller base model carries an extra 10 gigs of memory. All with the same price tag as current generation iPods! You know, it seems like Apple is releasing a new iPod about every other month, and what they don't have brand spanking new, it gets upgraded enough so that the previous model seems quaint and obsolete in comparison.

I must resist the urge to go out and buy this new model though! Because if I do, something better comes along, and pretty soon, out house will have 10 iPods in it (and I'm only in a four family household!!!).

Odd and bizarre you say? Well, there is already a 512 KB shuffle, and two (that's right, TWO!) of each of the old monochrome screen U2 Limited Edition, and two new color/photo capable U2 Limited Editions in our house currently.

But with video capability! I can finally catch up on the new season of Desperate Housewives that I've been missing every Sunday (speaking of which, I still haven't called about getting a booklet for my DH season 1 DVD set that I'm missing.)

But I must hold out. Earlier I predicted a special edition Madonna iPod (either nano, or video capable (please be the 60 gig model if so!)), and I still think it may be a go. The U2 iPod was released after U2 released their ...Atomic Bomb album, so they may announce it when Madonna releases her album on November 15. Case in point, iTunes has almost every Madonna video that doesn't have movie footage ("Who's That Girl," "I'll Remember") on their downloadable music video page. They even have some things that weren't released on DVD yet ("Love Profusion," "Justify My Love," "Erotica"), so they may be planning on working on a Madonna "online box set" like they did for U2. And if they do release a Madonna Limited Edition version, mark my words, it will be mine. And yes, I will still get it if it is hot pink. I'm that much of a Madonna phreak!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz