Sunday, October 16, 2005

I'm tired

I hate it when I wake up about a half hour before my alarm is supposed to go off. What are you supposed to do about that? It's annoying because you have to make a decision. "Do I just lay there, because I can't really fall back asleep and get any sleep in thirty minutes, or do I get up early?"

I usually go with the former, but when you do it, it just leaves you groggy and annoyed. But the thought of going out in the cold for an extra thirty minutes???

It's the same thing with napping.

I know people say that a 30 minute "power nap" is refreshing in the middle of a busy day when you are tired. But this only works if you can actually fall asleep instantaneously. I usually take, on an average day, ten to thirty minutes to fall asleep. So I have no idea how long to set an alarm for. I could have been sleeping for 20 minutes, or I could have just layed there for half an hour. And then, if I do nap, I sometimes fall into such deep sleep that I would wake up four hours later wondering where my day has gone. It's not all that refreshing either, because I'm usually groggy and with a headache when I wake up.

Why can't I just have normal sleep cycles? Is that too much to ask?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz