Saturday, July 23, 2005

Summersun...

Yay!!! The summer has finally begun! And how can I tell? Is it the 80 degree Seattle weather? Is it Coldstone's Ice Cream becoming really busy? Is it the mass of pasty white people (even the non cucasians) flocking aound all local Western Washington parks and beaches?

Nope! It's a little thing called the "Summer Fruit Cobbler" found now at most local (and non-local, I guess) Starbucks Coffee Shops.

I love this thing. I first found out about it a few years ago, and every summer, it is the thing I look most forward to (it certainly isn't the heat and humidity!) Last year, it was Tonia and mine's little summer getaway from the hospital. My condolences to Tonia since she can no longer have this scrumtious summertime treat since she has been diagnosed with a gluten allergy. Misery loves company I guess, since she suggests that I too may have a gluten alleregy, which could explain my intermittent bouts with IBS. And here I was, thinking that I was just an ordinary guy, with a suspicious amount of "female" related problems (i.e. gas, bloating, cramps, hot flashes, etc.) I don't need this on my plate! If anyone ever tries to tell me that I cannot have pasta, I will seriously kill myself. All those other mentions of suicide were merely a cry for help and attention, but without spaghetti, linguini, orzo, and all of that, I will end it all.

Between pasta and pizza, you would think that I was an Italian in a past life.

P.S. Now that it is summer, here are a few summer song suggestions:

-"Summersun" by Koop
-"Ride" by Jem
-"Everyday is a Holiday (With You)" by Esthero ft. Sean Lennin (buy her album NOW!)
-"Wordplay" by Jason Mraz (make sure you pick up his album on July 26!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz