Thursday, June 23, 2005

"The first rule of Fight Club is..."

OK, I'm gonna make a promise to myself now.

I promise that I will try to write in this blogger everyday (well, OK, at least every other day).

Don't look at me like that!!!

Anyway,

I just got done reading Chuck Palaniuk's "Fight Club" (after watching the movie many times).

You know how usually most movies based off of books, one is usually better than the other (usually the book). Well, I think that in this case, both forms have merit. However, the book does clarify some things better. I think it does a better job of explaning the whole Narrator/Tyler Durden situation, and all that. I think it's a very good read, and still worth your while even if you have seen the movie countless times. I was surprised in how much larger Marla's role in the book is versus the movie.

So after reading two of his books, I still think that "Invisible Monsters" is the stronger of the two works. I think it would work pretty well as the movie, but there are many plot twists that would be very hard to hide until the end of the movie. I guess there could be some weird conventions that could make it work (blurring out things, etc.). Well, actally I thought it would make a good movie while I was reading the earlier part, but once I hit the plot twist, I was like "Hey, this won't work!" OK, I don't really know where I was going with this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz