Friday, February 10, 2006

They burn!!!

OH, OK! I admit that I'm not above a little pandering for some sympathy. So here it goes.
My eyes sting. Well, more than just sting. It feels like someone set two heavy books on each of my eyes, and then set the books on fire.

I blame my eczema. For some strange reason, my body decides that I should not be comfortable in my own skin. Literally and figuratively. In case you don't know what eczema is, it is a chronic drying out and itching of the skin. Usually my eczema takes up residence in somewhat benign areas like my wrists, forearms, and elbow areas. But once in a while, my eyelids start looking like it's molting season for snakes. It is really gross, how my skin turns white and sloughs off throughout the day.

So what do I do? I go see my friendly dermatologist, and she prescribes some low level steroids to smear over any patchy areas, and in a few days, they get better.

Too bad that the ointment tends to melt a little and run into my eyes. And thus the whole point of my bitching and moaning that I like to do so well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz