Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Belated

Hey, it's been hectic this past week, so I was unable to post anything.

I've been listening to Madonna's new album, Confessions on a Dance Floor, non-stop since I've got it. It's brilliant, and I recommend everyone going out to pick up a copy. My favorite song changes every time I listen to the album, but I am addicted to "Get Together" right at this moment.

I also went to see Rent the movie on opening day. It was O.K., I think the standout performances was from Idina Menzel (as Maureen), and Rosario Dawson (as Mimi). Idina has a lot of charisma, and you just want to watch her character to see what she will do or say next. And Rosario, though the weakest singer of the bunch (since she didn't have the previous experience of doing the show on Broadway), is alluring as a smack stricken "Go-Go" dancer with AIDS. I think the worst part of the movie was Adam Pascal's (Rodger) hair. There were many times in the movie where he looks or sounds like Jon Bon Jovi (or worse, both at the same time, as in the scene where he's in the Santa Fe desert! My sister and I started giggling all through that scene, as with a few other members of the audience). Not as good as Chicago as a movie musical in my opinion, but worth a watch anyway. (Note, however, that I had to break my Sony boycott mentioned earlier to see this movie!)

Also, happy belated Thanksgiving! I hope you all have gotten your fill of turkey, stuffing, and pumpkin pie. I know I gained at least two pounds.

And how was "Black Friday" for you all? I missed most of it, due to having to work on the day after, but I was still able to pick up some good deals from Fry's electronics store. I now have a cheap PDA to replace my old hand written day planner (though it's not as spiffy as Brenda's, since it doesn't have quite as many functions, but it has a calendar, which is mostly what I was looking for). I also got a new 26" LCD TV to replace my old 21" CRT TV that I received on a birthday many years ago. I also got a crapload of CDs from Tower records. I think I probably spent about $1000 in all. I've got to stop spending though. I'm turning into my mother!

At least I'm still busy teaching classes to my co-workers for this new software that we are implementing at my workplace. I'll need the overtime money, that's for sure! At least I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping, so I don't have to venture out to the malls too much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz