Friday, September 02, 2005

I should be sleeping

Hello all. Sorry no updates recently. I've been kinda tired.

My sister and I saw the Bob Dylan exhibit (among other things) at the "Experience Music Project" the other day. I really can't say I gained any new insight or appreciation about him, other than what I already know about him from my "History of Modern Popular Music" class at the UW a few years ago. I maybe would have if we had more time. I wasn't expecting the both of us to take so long in there. I was thinking two and a half hours tops, but we ended up staying a little over three hours. It was about 45 minutes until closing time. We still had things to do afterward, so we had to rush through a bunch of stuff. The only real insight that I learned is that I cannot play the piano. The way that you are supposed to position your hands and fingers, it seems like my thumbs are just not long enough. I am, however, able to keep rhythm well enough to play drums, and I can also play guitar if I strengthen my left hand ring and pinky fingers. But I knew that ever since my days in orchestra, where I had trouble with those same two fingers while playing the viola.

O.K., now I'm rambling on about something that absolutely no one really cares about, so I guess I'll log off and go to bed! 'Night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz