Monday, October 02, 2006

"Why do we crucify ourselves?"

Well, Madonna's recent Confessions World Tour has recently come to an end. So thus nears another end to another Madonna era. Who knows what's next for the mother of Re-Invention.

So I'm feeling a little nostalgic for my main girl. I have to bide my time until the single, "Jump," comes out in stores (supposedly it is supposed to arrive on October 10, but there has been no single cover leak yet on any of the Madonna Message Boards, so I don't know if we got delayed again. There are a few rumored track lists swirling about, with the most exciting track being "History," a new, unreleased song. Though I still would have liked the "Erotica (You Thrill Me)" Confessions Tour Version.)

Also rumored is the airing of the Confessions World Tour on NBC on November 22. Probably with some heavy editing. Someone over in England has started a MySpace page devoted to it (and already had 500+ friends!). Check it out at http://www.myspace.com/madonnacrucified. If this does happen (remember the CBS Re-Invention Tour fiasco?), I can't wait. Of course, I'm still waiting for Madonna's Virgin Tour, Blond Ambition Tour, and Re-Invention Tour to come out on DVD, so I won't hold my breath.

And since I'm feeling particularly nostalgic, here is a clip of one of my favorite iconic Madonna performances that all of Madonna's fans know about, but not many have actually seen, as it was for the "1995 Brit Awards" (England's equivalent of the Grammy's). I love the whole neglige with long extensions wind blown look, with the creepy yet hot looking twin dancers in the background. And I love the remix of the song. If only I could find this clip in high quality! (Edit, new working link has now been placed)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz