Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Let Me Entertain You

I just joined up with the web blog "The Bestest Blog of All-Time", run by a guy named Billy. His blog is a type of link exchange blog, and thus a "you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours" idea where I post a link to his page (as noted in the new "favorite links" and "other blogs I like" sections in the sidebar, right under all those book covers), and he will link to mine.

The funny thing is that I have thought of this blog as a "personal" blog, acting as my online journal, but he has me placed under the "entertainment" blogs. At first, I thought, "hey, this is my personal blog, and in no ways affiliated with the entertainment industry, as in other blogs out there like my favorite, Perez Hilton." But going over some of my more recent posts that basically chronicle things that entertain me, from small electronics to new music CDs, I then thought to myself, "hey, maybe there is more entertainment in here than I thought. My blog was renamed to "the toybox" after all..."

Happy Happy Joy JoyI never meant it for me to look like this, the placid victim of the corporate monster of consumerism, but never the less, my consumer habits has nearly grabbed all aspects of my life, hook, line, and sinker. Just today, I spent $30 on books (yes, me going on with the reading again!), and another $70 at Best Buy on DVDs (Ren & Stimpy: The Lost Episodes is one DVD that's full of goofy, irrelevant naughtiness! Don't show this to the kids, especially when there is an episode entitled "Naked Beach Frenzy"!). I'm spending money at such an alarming rate, it will be a small miracle if I ever will make the grandest of all purchases, a house for myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz