Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Almost 100!

In anticipation of my 100th post (yes, only 100. I'm not as prolific as some of those other bloggers out there), I've renamed my blog from the ho-hum "my bleah blog" to the more appropriate "the toybox".

Cool picsIt's mostly a cosmetic name change, as I haven't really "bleahed" about anything much recently. I've just mostly interspersed my musings on the music that I'm listening to, with my sad and depresso poetry that I write. Once in a while, I'll drone on about the wonders and horrors of technology. Speaking of which, I just got a new "toy" for myself, the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W100. With 8.1 megapixels packed into a pretty small and light point and shoot camera, it's a cool little bauble for myself that I'll get to start using sometime in August (my sister is going to road test it in Italy, where she will be spending three weeks of her Summer with my dad).

Cute but deadly to my bank accountBut that's not all that is up Sony's extensively large sleeves (wait, wasn't it just a few months ago that I was boycotting Sony because of their DRM schemes to copy protect their CDs?) is the new Sony VAIO UX micro PC. This little wonder weighs in at just over a pound and sports a 4.5 inch screen, but the real wonder is that it is a full fledged computer that has tech specs that can rival low end laptops that are over twice the size. It's like a PDA with all the functionality of a full computer, with a 1.2 Ghz Intel processor, a 30 Gig hard drive, and all. It's making me drool just thinking about it. I actually did drool while watching a video of this guy, Lorin Thwaits, unpack his new uber-toy in the middle of the Temple District of Nagano in Japan. (See the video by clicking here. I'm jealous that he rubs in the fact that he got this new plaything and is unwrapping it like a spoiled kid on Christmas morning. I'm also jealous of the fact that he's in Japan, as I would love to visit there someday. My only consolation is that the woman that he's with that's shooting the video (Wife? Girlfriend?) is probably going, "Oh my God, what a GEEK!!!" the whole time). The $1799 price tag may seem a little steep, but considering what this is, a whole actual computer that will fit in the palm of your hand, it seems worth it to splurge on. Too bad I don't have $1799 lying around. Time to go check those Mega Millions tickets...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz