Tuesday, June 06, 2006

"Does that make me Crazy?"

Crazy in Rosarch
I have totally become infatuated with the song and video for Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" off his album St. Elsewhere.

First of all, the song is this wonderful mix of soul, hip-hop, and retro funk that has a great beat with great lyrics. I love listening to it over and over again.

But the clincher is the wonderful video for the song. It is one, big long morphing Rosarch image, and it is masterfully done to music video perfection. It is simple, complex, haunting, and elegant all at the same time. Everytime I watch it, I notice something new, and that's not just reading into the Rosarch images.

The song and video are so funky that I actually thought it was a new Massive Attack song at first.

Anyway, you can hear a sample of the song via iTunes, or better yet, just buy the single and video together so you get the full meal deal. You won't be disappointed.

Oh, and if you like this song, but you also like Nelly Furtado, be sure to try to hunt down her live acoustic version (I believe it was done on BBC radio) of the song.

St. Elsewhere (nothing to do with the T.V. show)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Sniff sniff* Bigger than Peej. :(

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz