Friday, May 12, 2006

Schlecht

I'm sorry that I'm not writing more. All my inspiration seems to have dried up. Either that or I'm not anywhere near a computer with internet connection when inspiration strikes.

That and I've been mildly depressed lately. I don't really know why. You know how some people have free-floating anxiety disorder? Well, I seem to have some sort of free-floating depression, not actually being sad about any concrete thing, but just a lingering feeling of sadness that I can't shake off easily. I can usually cover a little mild depression pretty well though, since I've been going through this since middle school. People usually can't tell, since I'm still functional, so this isn't really a debilitating condition, except for those few times when I really slip down in the dumps.

And the only thing that really seems to improve it is time. Though it sometimes seems like an eternity. I think that's why I've slowly become an impulsive collective shopper. I tend to buy things just because I can, not because I really have a use for it. I have more action figures, DVDs, CDs, and books that I can possibly do anything with, and yet there they are, cluttering up my bedroom and den so that I can barely walk around the room. But the thrill of buying something seems to (for a moment) ease the strain of whatever it is that troubles me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz